Sign the Stop FOCA petition
"The first thing I'd do as President is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. That's the first thing I'd do." - Barack Obama, (July 17th, 2007)
That's what Barack Obama promised Planned Parenthood in a speech last year - and he's already appointing radical liberals to his administration to help do the job:
- Ellen Moran, Executive Director at the radical pro-abortion group Emily's List, will serve as White House Communications Director
- Melody Barnes, Vice President of the left-wing Center for American Progress, will be Obama's top Domestic Policy Advisor
- Dawn Johnsen, Legal Director of the National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL) for five years, will be a member of the Department of Justice Review Team
- And former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, who opposed eliminating partial-birth abortion, has been named as the new Secretary of Health and Human Services
Barack Obama promised to sign FOCA - and we should take him at his word!
What is the "Freedom of Choice Act" (FOCA)?
In short, FOCA is a federal bill that would end virtually ALL restrictions on abortion. It is an unlimited right to tax-payer funded, abortion-on-demand.
- End parental notification or consent for abortions performed on minors
- Mandate taxpayer funding of abortion
- Allow abortions in military hospitals
- End waiting periods before having an abortion
- Overturn laws requiring informed consent prior to abortion
- Deny doctors the right to refuse to perform abortion for religious reasons
- Force religious affiliated hospitals and facilities to perform abortions
- Overturn many abortion clinic health regulations
- Overturn laws prohibiting abortion after the viability of the child
- Legalize partial-birth abortion
FOCA would overturn the will of the majority of the American people on each of these issues - and prevent them from passing any further common sense restrictions and regulations on abortion.
The time for pro-life Americans to act is NOW.
Click here and join our campaign to "Stop FOCA" by signing our petition today. Then follow up by sending a fax to your members of Congress and letting them know how you feel about this important issue.
Don't let the politicians be able to claim that they never heard from you.