Weekly House of Representatives’ Schedule 5/14/18
WEEK OF MAY 14TH
MONDAY, MAY 14TH
On Monday, no votes are expected in the House.
TUESDAY, MAY 15TH
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for morning hour and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Legislation Considered Under Suspension of the Rules:
1) H.R. 613 - Lieutenant Osvaldo Albarati Correctional Officer Self-Protection Act of 2017 (Sponsored by Rep. David McKinley / Judiciary Committee)
2) H.R. 4854 - Justice Served Act of 2018 (Sponsored by Rep. John Carter / Judiciary Committee)
3) H.R. 5242 - School Resource Officer Assessment Act of 2018, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Clay Higgins / Education and the Workforce Committee)
4) H.Res. 285 - Expressing the sense of the United States House of Representatives that Congress and the President should empower the creation of police and community alliances designed to enhance and improve communication and collaboration between members of the law enforcement community and the public they serve (Sponsored by Rep. Scott Taylor / Judiciary Committee)
5) H.R. 4895 - Medgar Evers National Monument Act, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Bennie Thompson / Natural Resources Committee)
6) H.R. 2991 - Susquehanna National Heritage Area Act, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Lloyd Smucker / Natural Resources Committee)
7) S. 35 - Black Hills National Cemetery Boundary Expansion Act (Sponsored by Sen. John Thune / Natural Resources Committee)
8) S. 1285 - Oregon Tribal Economic Development Act (Sponsored by Sen. Jeff Merkley / Natural Resources Committee)
9) H.R. 1417 - National Law Enforcement Museum Exhibits Act (Sponsored by Rep. Don Young / Natural Resources Committee)
WEDNESDAY, MAY 16TH AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday and Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for morning hour and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business.
On Friday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business. Last votes expected no later than 3:00 p.m.
H.R. 5698 - Protect and Serve Act of 2018 (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. John Rutherford / Judiciary Committee)
S. 2372 - VA MISSION Act of 2018 (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Phil Roe / Veterans Affairs Committee)
H.R. 2 - Agriculture and Nutrition Act of 2018 (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Michael Conaway / Agriculture Committee)
Additional Legislative Items are Possible
Committee activity for the week of May 14 can be found here.