WASHINGTON – Rep. Kay Granger (TX), Republican Leader of the House Appropriations Committee, announced the Republican Steering Committee’s recommendations for subcommittee ranking members and new Republican committee members for the 117th Congress. The recommendations will need to be ratified by the Republican Conference.
“During the 116th Congress, Committee Republicans successfully fought to ensure that the priorities of the American people were reflected in the work of our Committee, and the 117th Congress will be no different.
“Our Republican Leaders are experienced and committed to delivering on our Commitment to America. I am also excited to welcome an all-star group of new Members as we continue to fight for the American people, advance Republican priorities, and stand firm against far-reaching Democrat polices,” said Granger.
Committee Leadership –
- Vice Ranking Member of the Full Committee – Rep. Tom Cole (OK)
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration – Rep. Jeff Fortenberry (NE)
- Commerce, Justice, Science – Rep. Robert Aderholt (AL)
- Defense – Rep. Ken Calvert (CA)
- Energy and Water Development – Rep. Mike Simpson (ID)
- Financial Services and General Government – Rep. Steve Womack (AR)
- Homeland Security – Rep. Chuck Fleischmann (TN)
- Interior and Environment – Rep. David Joyce (OH)
- Labor, Health and Human Services, Education – Rep. Tom Cole (OK)
- Legislative Branch – Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (WA)
- Military Construction and Veterans Affairs – Rep. John Carter (TX)
- State Department, Foreign Operations – Rep. Hal Rogers (KY)
- Transportation, Housing and Urban Development – Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart (FL)
New Republican Members –
- Rep. David Valadao (CA)
- Rep. Guy Reschenthaler (PA)
- Rep. Mike Garcia (CA)
- Rep. Ben Cline (VA)
- Rep. Tony Gonzales (TX)
- Rep. Ashley Hinson (IA)