WEEK OF JANUARY 4TH
SUNDAY, JANUARY 3RD
On Sunday, the 116th Congress will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business and adjourn sine die.
The House will convene for the start of the 117th Congress at 12:00 p.m. Members are advised that there will be a recorded quorum call at 12:00 p.m. following the Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance.
Election of the Speaker of the House
Swearing-in of Members and Delegates
Further information regarding general guidance, voting and swearing-in groups, and safety procedures of Opening Session, as provided by the House Sergeant of Arms and House Attending Physician, can be found here.
MONDAY, JANUARY 4TH
On Monday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business.
H.Res. 5 – Adopting the Rules of the House of Representatives for the One Hundred Seventeenth Congress, and for other purposes (Sponsored by Rep. Steny Hoyer / Rules Committee)
TUESDAY, JANUARY 5TH
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for legislative business.
Legislation Considered Under Suspension of the Rules:
1) H.R. __ – FedRAMP Authorization Act (Sponsored by Rep. Gerry Connolly / Oversight and Reform Committee)
2) H.R. __ – Congressional Budget Justification Transparency Act of 2021 (Sponsored by Rep. Mike Quigley / Oversight and Reform Committee)
3) H.R. __ – Inspector General Protection Act (Sponsored by Rep. Ted Lieu / Oversight and Reform Committee)
4) H.R. __ – Construction Consensus Procurement Improvement Act of 2021 (Sponsored by Rep. James Comer / Oversight and Reform Committee)
5) H.R. __ – Settlement Agreement Information Database Act of 2021 (Sponsored by Rep. Gary Palmer / Oversight and Reform Committee)
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 6TH AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday, the House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for legislative business.
At 1:00 p.m., the House will convene for the Joint Session of Congress to count the electoral ballots for the President and Vice-President of the United States.
Members are advised that votes are possible during the Joint Session. Additional information regarding votes will be announced as soon as it becomes available.
Additional Legislative Items Are Possible
Committee activity for the week of January 4 can be found here.