WASHINGTON, DC — Rep. Chip Roy (TX-21) joined Fox News Channel’s Harris Faulkner Monday to discuss the Biden Administration’s reckless spending plan to bankrupt America and expand the tyrannical federal bureaucracy, in contrast to the House Freedom Caucus’ plan to shrink Washington and grow America.
Key quotes from the interview are below and the full interview can be found here.
- “We are crippling our grid, we are crippling our national security, we are crippling our ability to have affordable energy, and we are empowering China. We’re empowering cartels at our border, and now we’re going to have the Fed dump billions of dollars more into saving banks, because of the very policies that were created by the Fed and the federal government in the first place.”
- “I love that the OMB director for the Biden administration says, ‘Oh, you won’t save any money from that.’ Meanwhile, their only plan is to spend $17 trillion more in debt over the next decade.”
- “Go eliminate the $4 billion bailout for student loans, get $91 billion in COVID money back, go make sure that we limit our spending to pre-COVID levels. Nothing crazy. Just go back to pre-COVID levels. We can save about $3 trillion over 10 years, as a downpayment to getting our country back. Shrink Washington, shrink the bureaucracy, and grow America.”
- “We have to have economic growth to save this country. This administration is touting the opposite. Frankly, there’s too many Republicans who want to do the same. We need change in Washington. That’s what we’re about.”
- “American energy independence is right in front of us. If we choose it, we will need to take a new path, make sure we have strong energy, secure the border, and actually have a strong financial system by stopping spending money we don’t have.”