Condemning Violence on Pro-Life Institutions H. Con. Res. 3, condemns the attacks on pro-life facilities, groups, and churches.Ever since the draft of the Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization decision was leaked to the public, pro-life institutions, including crisis pregnancy centers, and churches, have been subjected to a recent uptick in violence and destruction. In communities across our country, crisis pregnancy centers are providing life-sustaining resources and education to pregnant women, infants, and families. Diapers, formula, access to safe housing, parenting, and newborn care classes are just some of the critical services provided by pro-life and religious organizations. Rather than supporting the organizations that are supporting our most vulnerable, Democrats and the Biden Administration are turning a blind eye to the violence targeting these places. It’s time for the House of Representatives to condemn this violence and put the needs of women and infants ahead of the outrage machine from far-left, pro-abortion activists. Republican Conference Vice Chair Mike Johnson’s legislation,
H.R. 26, the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, secures medical protections for babies that survive an attempted abortion. The Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act:Babies Born Alive Deserve Protection It’s time we pass legislation that protects the sanctity of life and safeguards the rights of the unborn. Congresswoman Ann Wagner’s legislation,
- Requires that health care practitioners who are present at a live birth during an attempted abortion exercise the same degree of skill, care, and diligence to preserve the life and health of the child that would be offered to any other child born prematurely at the same gestational age and then immediately transport and admit the child to a hospital.
- Requires health care practitioners and hospital employees to report violations to law enforcement authorities, reducing the number of born-alive abortions that go unreported.
- Failure to exercise the required degree of care, or report a failure to comply can be penalized through fines or up to 5 years imprisonment.
- Penalizes the intentional killing of a born-alive child as murder.
- Gives the mother of the abortion survivor a civil cause of action against the abortionist and protection from prosecution, recognizing that women are the second victims of abortion and promoting the dignity of motherhood.
Every single Member of Congress should be able to agree that newborn babies deserve protection regardless of the circumstances under which they are born.